To maintain a healthy and safe business environment and do our part to control the spread of COVID-19, Quad Plus has created a pandemic response plan so we can safely continue providing essential services to our customers. The plan is based on up-to-date CDC and Federal Administrations guidelines as of March 26, 2020. But because the COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation with different restrictions and requirements for each state, our specific policy must remain flexible. We continue to monitor the situation daily and will communicate changes to our policy as they become necessary.
Created: 26 March 2020
Purpose: To define the actions Quad Plus LLC and its employee are taking to control the
spread of COVID -19, provide essential services as necessary, and protect our employees.
This interim Covid-19 Pandemic Response plan is based on what is currently known about the
coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) as of 24 March 2020. The PLAN must remain flexible due
to the dynamic situations the surround the COVID – 19 virus.
Objective: The plan is intended to:
- Reduce transmission among employees, visitors and clients;
- Maintain a healthy business operation;
- Maintain a healthy work environment.
Sick employees are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to stay home:
- Employees who have symptoms as defined by CDC should notify their supervisor and stay home.
- Shortness of breath)
- Other symptoms as described by the CDC
- Sick employees should follow CDC-recommended steps (See Appendix A). Employees should not return to work until the criteria to discontinue home isolation (See Appendix A) are met, in consultation with healthcare providers and state and local health departments.
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and follow CDC recommended precautions (See Appendix B).
Working employee risk reduction activities:
- Frequent Hand washing with soap and water is required.
- Coughs and Sneezes are to be covered
- Employees should not share phones, tools, desks, and equipment where possible
- Report to your supervisor is you become ill, or identify a person with COVID-19 Symptoms (e.g. coughing, fever, difficulty breathing)
- Attempt to maintain a 6 foot minimum distance between other people.
- Inform you manager is you or someone you are in contact with has COVID-19
- Avoid group gatherings (e.g. Meetings, Smoking breaks, etc.)
Company risk reduction activities:
- Encourage employees who can perform their job responsibilities remotely to work from
- Separate employees with the symptoms of COVID-19 from others, and send home.
- Maintain or enhance housekeeping activities
- Post Notices and Information as appropriate to the current situation
Business Practice risk reduction activities:
- All Meeting should be conducted via webinars or phone calls
- In Person meetings will be limited to critical and essential personnel. In person meetings must be approved on a case-by-case basis with the President of the company
- No person who travels by public conveyance should attend in-person meetings within 14 days of their travel
- All employees traveling must follow the appropriate State travel restriction proclamations, and Federal Travel restrictions, whichever is more stringent.
- Travel by employees must be limited to essential travel only. Training or extraneous personnel shall not be permitted to travel
- Visits to customer sites shall be for essential purposes only.
- Employees visiting customer sites must follow the same requirements as outlined above under Working employee risk reduction activities.
- Employees visiting customer sites must follow the customer’s Infectious disease protocol, or Quad Plus’s, whichever is more stringent.
- Employs travelling should check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices at the CDC Website
- Persons traveling on business must check the state to which they are traveling to determine if there are travel restrictions.
- In states with travel restrictions or “Stay in Place” orders, or similar, travel must be limited to the support of “Essential Businesses” as defined by the state.
Quad Plus will communicate with employees on develops associated with a Pandemic (COVID-19 as of 5 April 2020) on issues related to the business and employee safety. In the interest of providing a safe working environment, Quad Plus expects its employees to notified the company in the even they are exposed to COVID 19, test positive, or exhibit symptoms. Quad Plus will communicate the appropriate information to management, other employees, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
The company will notify its employees of pandemic related information via “ALL EMPLOYEE” emails, postings to the corporate website and/or share point site, and though direct communication form their managers and supervisors. In the event that an employee notifies the company that they have been exposed, have tested positive or have CDC recognized symptoms, the management will:
- Notify all personnel who may have been infected via direct communications (phone, email, or personal contact)
- Notify customers who may have had contact with the employee with the 14 days quarantine period as identified by the CDC and Federal government, via email to the companies Point of Contact at the customer.
- Record the information in the HR department for tracking purposes.
The employees and sub-contractors are required to notify the company immediately upon determining they likely may have been exposed to the virus, they have tested positive, or they have symptoms the CDC has recognized as associated with the virus.
The employee must:
- Notify their supervisor as soon as possible via email or direct phone contact.
- Identify employees, sub-contractors or customers that they have had contact with during the previous 14 days
- Remain away from work until they are cleared, by a medical professional, to return to work.
- Provide written documentation that they are cleared to return to work.
It is imperative that customers inform the Company immediately upon learning that an employee of theirs has likely been exposed, tests positive or has symptoms identified by the CDC as associated with the virus.
The customer should notify the point of contact at Quad Plus via email or a direct phone call, with information on the potential contact date with the Quad Plus employee, the name of the Quad Plus employee and information as to the reason (Positive test, potential exposure or symptoms).
Operational Communications with Customers
The company will maintain contact, as appropriate, with customers to keep them informed as to the ability of the company to respond to the customers need. The communications will occur between the company management or designated personnel, and the identified Point of Contact at the customer. The communication will occur when changes to the company’s ability to respond has been impacted by the pandemic. This may include, but is not limited to;
- Reduction in available personnel due to illness
- Revised PPE requirements for personnel visiting customer sites
- Reduction in personnel to the point of inability to respond
Specifically excluded for the proactive communications are government published requirements, proclamations and orders, which are generally readily available to the public. A couple examples include, but are not limited to State or Federal Government travel restrictions;
mandated Self Isolation, etc.
Essential Business Classification
During the pandemic, State and Federal governments may limit travel to essential business only. In the event that a proclamation, rule, or order to the effect that only persons on essential business can be out or traveling, the Company may require a letter, on the customers
letterhead, stating that their business is considered an essential business.
This plan in no way supersedes Federal, State or Local Laws, regulations or guidance. Nor does this policy supersede the recommendations or guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control, OSHA, State OSHAs, Medical professional or any other such professional with the qualifications to medically or scientifically assess the current COVID-19 situation.
For further information, please read Quad Plus’s full COVID-19 Pandemic Response Plan.