Quad Plus is excited to announce that our Houston office successfully transitioned the NSA Quality Management System (QMS) Certification to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard. The Houston office received its ISO 9001:2008 certification in April 2016 and has passed each External Registrar audit without a finding. The transition to ISO 2015 presented us with an opportunity to streamline many of our work processes while also incorporating the new requirements for business strategic planning, risk evaluation/mitigation, and organizational knowledge sharing into the QMS. We congratulate our team for successfully achieving this critical milestone, but more so for patiently using the QMS work processes in order to help us improve them. We are looking forward to our 3-year ISO 9001 Certification renewal audit in February 2019.
The benefits of having an ISO 9001 certification include:
- Achieving Approved Supplier status with Major Market companies that require its suppliers to have rigorous QMS systems in place
- Establishing performance baselines and targets for measurable improvement in quality and less rework
- Capturing and quantifying the cost of poor quality incurred by both ourselves and our suppliers
- Using risk severity to prioritize our efforts for continual improvement and corrective action
- Creating a common understanding of our work processes with all associates
As part of our continual improvement efforts, we are making the NSA-QMS more user-friendly by using Trello (see below) on our PC’s and mobile devices for real-time collaborative action tracking (e.g. project tasks, risk mitigation, corrective actions, etc.) and are transitioning our QMS forms to mobile app to reduce paperwork and improve data collection.